[racket-dev] TR -> no source locations?

From: Sam Tobin-Hochstadt (samth at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Fri Nov 26 10:07:51 EST 2010

On Fri, Nov 26, 2010 at 5:26 AM, Noel Welsh <noelwelsh at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 23, 2010 at 6:18 PM, Sam Tobin-Hochstadt <samth at ccs.neu.edu> wrote:
>> What's happening here is that the typed wrapper in `typed/rackunit' is
>> treating `check-equal?' as a function, but it's really an identifier
>> macro that inserts source locations when used in application position.
>>  This makes it easy to write a typed wrapper, but it has the drawbacks
>> you see. Probably the solution is to write a better wrapper in
>> `typed/rackunit', but that might be hard without integrating with the
>> internals of Rackunit.
>
> How far along is interop for macros in Typed Racket? Would I have to
> maintain typed and untyped version of Rackunit to do things
> 'properly'.

The right thing to do for `check-equal?' etc is to have versions that
take a syntax object to use as the source location, and then TR could
use them.  I think that in general it's good to provide such versions
for macros where the source location is important to support expanding
into those macros.

--
sam th
samth at ccs.neu.edu