[racket-dev] [racket] newbie: foreign C structure definition question

From: Eli Barzilay (eli at barzilay.org)
Date: Wed Nov 17 12:01:21 EST 2010

6 hours ago, Jay McCarthy wrote:
> I may be parsing your responses wrong Eli, but I don't think we
> should let our use of libffi be a barrier to a good ffi. I see
> (require ffi) to mean "get a good Racket FFI", not "get a Racket
> encoding of libffi".

Of course.  I even detailed a number of times how it could be done:
what you need is to find a hook in libffi that allows you to create
new types with a manually specified size and alignment, then use that
from the racket side.  That does require some digging, but it sounds
like Sam has already done some, so you just need to wait for a patch
from him.