[racket-dev] OT: stump misunderstands Scheme?

From: Shriram Krishnamurthi (sk at cs.brown.edu)
Date: Tue Nov 16 17:22:20 EST 2010

You know, it's not inconceivable such a thing could happen if you had
a PURELY syntactic *interpreter*.

I remember when I got to Brown, they were using one of those weirdo
Scheme interpreters, and had come to conclusions about the semantics
of Scheme on the basis of its behavior.  Things like you could run

('(lambda (x) x) 3)

and it would evaluate to 3 because of the way the interpreter was structured.

Now if Aaron ran one of those to test his code...

Shriram