[racket-dev] Tab switching keyboard shortcuts on Mac

From: Dmitry Chestnykh (dmitry at codingrobots.com)
Date: Sun Nov 14 14:24:52 EST 2010

On Sun, 14 Nov 2010, Robby Findler wrote:
> Thanks, I've pushed a fix.

Thank you, it was fast!

> Do you know the keybindings from experience or can you point to a
> definitive cite somewhere that lists things like standard keybindings

Apple's HIG have keyboard shortcuts section: http://goo.gl/p01u4
but they don't list tab switching keys, probably because they haven't
updated HIG for a while.

Sections for Cmd+Shift+arrows read:

Right arrow: "Extend selection to the next semantic unit, typically the
end of the current line."

Left arrow: "Extend selection to the previous semantic unit, typically the
beginning of the current line."

As for tab swiching, if I remember correctly, the first app to introduce
tabs as documents was Safari. It has Cmd+Shift+]/[ shortcuts (listed under
Window menu). Some other apps on my system that use this combination are
Terminal, iChat, Chrome, Firefox, Opera, MacVim, Aquamacs, and since
yesterday, TextMate (http://blog.macromates.com/2010/textmate-1-5-10/).

--
Dmitry Chestnykh