[racket-dev] gr2 known not to work with pngs in OS X?

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Sat Nov 6 23:55:52 EDT 2010

At Fri, 5 Nov 2010 12:36:21 -0700, John Clements wrote:
> When I try to use the 'plot' library in gr2, I get output on stderr that looks
> like this:
>
> libpng warning: Application was compiled with png.h from libpng-1.2.5
> libpng warning: Application  is  running with png.c from libpng-1.4.0
> libpng warning: Incompatible libpng version in application and library

This is now fixed. It was a problem with `plot'.

Someone should rewrite `plot' in plain Racket. For now, I stripped out
the copy of zlib, libpng, and libgd that was included in the `plot'
sources, and I moved the remaining slice of gnuplot into the "src"
directory. Instead of using (a copy of) libgd+libpng to draw, `plot'
now wires in a bitmap-dc% back-end, and that change takes care of the
libpng mismatch.

Posted on the dev mailing list.