[racket-dev] 64-bit Mac OS X (was: try the GRacket2 branch)

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Sat Nov 6 23:37:06 EDT 2010

At Sat, 30 Oct 2010 16:40:00 -0600, Matthew Flatt wrote:
> At Sat, 30 Oct 2010 14:56:30 -0400, Gene Diveglia wrote:
> >
> > I apologize in advance if I'm jumping the gun a bit here.  I'm not sure if
> 64
> > bit Mac builds are an immediate goal of GR2.
>
> It's a near-term goal, at least. After things are working well on the
> currently supported platforms, I plan to work on 64-bit Mac OS X and
> Windows versions. I don't expect that to take too long.

64-bit Mac support was closer to working than I thought. Running the
`racket/gui' test suite turned up only this bug, and it's now fixed.
(The problem was a mismatch between `float' and `double' return types
when getting the value of a scroll bar.)

So, let's declare that 64-bit Mac OS X is supported for v5.0.99.1 and
later. Please continue to use it and report any other bugs you find.

64-bit Windows support will take longer. Unlike the Cocoa binding,
where I tried 64-bit builds early in the development process, I haven't
yet tried a 64-bit Windows build.

In case anyone missed the note on the users lists: Don't try the gr2
branch anymore. Development has moved to the master branch, and the gr2
branch is gone.

Posted on the dev mailing list.