[racket-dev] A Workshop on Racket

From: Sam Tobin-Hochstadt (samth at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Mon Nov 1 13:44:59 EDT 2010

PLT holds annual internal workshops where we synchronize our
efforts. Based on discussions with members of the community, we are
considering holding an open workshop for our entire user population.

Depending on interest, the workshop is likely to feature presentations by:

 * Matthew Flatt on the future of Racket
 * Matthias Felleisen on the future of the HtDP Curriculum
 * Robby Findler on new developments in DrRacket

as well as tutorials by:

 * Ryan Culpepper on creating Domain-Specific Languages
 * Jay McCarthy on Web Development with Racket
 * Shriram Krishnamurthi on teaching algorithmic content in an
   accelerated HtDP/2e course

Also we are hoping that some of you might be interested in presenting
ideas, requests, experiences, and plans that others may be interested in.

Participants will have to pay for their travel, lodging and (most)
meals, while we will try to pick up the tab for other workshop expenses.

It would greatly help us if anyone interested in attending such a
workshop could point your browser to

  http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/Y8CP8G8

and fill out our quick survey. Please do so even if we have informally
polled you before on some of these questions.  Filling out the survey
doesn't commit you to anything.

If you have any other comments, questions, or feedback, please send
them to me directly.

For the organizers,
Sam Tobin-Hochstadt

Posted on the dev mailing list.