[plt-dev] Migrating Planet Packages to V5

From: Doug Williams (m.douglas.williams at gmail.com)
Date: Tue May 25 13:02:22 EDT 2010

I had assumed that the transition to V5 would be rather smooth for PLaneT
packages, but - at least in my case - they aren't. [If these are answered
elsewhere, just point me to it.]

Should V4 PLaneT files generally load under V5 (i.e., is my experience an
anomaly)?

If not, what are the expectations in migrating PLaneT packages from V4 to
V5?

Why do I get "require: PLaneT could not find the requested package: Server
had no matching package: There are packages matching the criteria, but none
match your version of PLT Scheme in: (planet
williams/table-panel/tabel-panel)" with some of my packages?

Why does requiring the science collection (planet williams/science/science)
load version 2.9 instead of the latest (3.10)? Did the method for specifying
the repository, etc change?

Building the science collection .plt file now crashes with "PLaneT packager:
Error generating scribble documentation: procedure collect method in
...bble/html-render.rkt:1282:2: expects 3 arguments, given 2: '(#<part>)
'(#<path:planet-docs/science>)". Any idea what causes this? [It does use
subcollections.]

There will likely be more to follow?

Doug