[plt-dev] Inexact integers

From: Michael Sperber (sperber at deinprogramm.de)
Date: Tue May 25 02:50:22 EDT 2010

Jay McCarthy <jay.mccarthy at gmail.com> writes:

> I'm totally ignorant of the history of this proposal, but I find it
> very compelling. Was there any valid flak? Any improvements, etc?

I'm biased, so it's hard for me to assess validity.  The most valid flak
was, of course, that it would break backwards compatibility in a big
way.  Also, you could no longer write straightforward programs that do
some long-winded computation and afterwards make a decision based on
whether the result is inexact or not.  I've personally never seen such a
program.

--
Cheers =8-} Mike