[plt-dev] Look before you leap

From: John Clements (clements at brinckerhoff.org)
Date: Fri May 21 14:51:38 EDT 2010

On May 21, 2010, at 11:42 AM, Eli Barzilay wrote:

> On May 21, Matthias Felleisen wrote:
>> Do you realize that you wrote 57 pages.
>
> (45 using standard 66 lines/page...)
>
> Yes, it's long, but it should be very easy to read, and if you do,
> you'll have everything you need to know for a while.
>
> (And it's still shorter from many git books, and it's also shorter
> from the subversion book.)
>

>> I want a
>>
>>  	cheat sheet.
>
> I included *four* cheat sheets (which Sam pasted in his reply).

I recall liking your "executive^2" summary:

 * Setup: git config --global alias.up "pull --ff-only --stat --all"
 * Update before pushing with: git up
 * When it tells you that it failed, use: git rebase origin
   -- or if you have more substantial work: git merge origin
 * Push out as usual: git push

The only thing that's missing from this is:

* Commit: git commit .