[plt-dev] Look before you leap

From: Carl Eastlund (cce at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Fri May 21 10:34:10 EDT 2010

Please, PLEASE, everyone who writes to our git repository: always run
'git status' before you commit anything.  Both in svn and git, we've
had problems ranging from small annoyances to major bugs coming from
people committing when they didn't know what the version control
software thought was "the change".  If you run 'git status' first,
you'll know you haven't forgotten to include a file, restore a change
you meant to back out of, and so on.  Don't just 'git commit' because
it happens to work for you right then -- make sure you are committing
everything that makes it work!

>From all of the rest of us who read your changes, thanks in advance!

Carl Eastlund

Posted on the dev mailing list.