[plt-dev] Release for v5.0 has begun

From: Eli Barzilay (eli at barzilay.org)
Date: Tue May 18 23:51:25 EDT 2010

The release process for v5.0 has begun: the `master' branch was copied
to a `release' branch for any work that is left and its version will
soon be bumped, as well as the version on the master branch.

If you have any bug-fixes and changes that need to go in the release
then make sure you specify that in the commit message or mail me the
commit SHA1s.

Note that nightly builds will go on as usual, and pre-release builds
will be available soon at

  http://pre.plt-scheme.org/release/

Things will be a little messy while things settle but in general it
should go for most people the same as it was with svn.

Once I bump the versions and have a build at the above url, I intend
to send a message to the plt-scheme list, and will ask to try it out
as an alpha release.