[plt-dev] One e-mail per commit?

From: Eli Barzilay (eli at barzilay.org)
Date: Tue May 18 14:17:26 EDT 2010

On May 18, Robby Findler wrote:
> It seems like Mike would like an easier way to tell whether or not
> he should read a mail message by looking at the subject line and not
> the body and a few vocal people object to his suggestion how to make
> that happen. Can those vocal people perhaps make a suggestion that
> would satisfy them and also attempt to satisfy Mike?

Earlier I've mentioned the `--dirstat' thing as something that is
likely to make him happier.  You can take any notification email, and
just use the range at the top to see the paths it spits out, for
example, Stevie's recent push:

  git diff --dirstat ed1c74108f..4336f29273
    93.8% collects/racket/contract/
     6.1% collects/tests/racket/

If someone can write some bash/sed/awk code to turn that into
something like:

  in collects: racket/contrack tests/racket

then I can put that in the subject line.