[plt-dev] unit testing in TS

From: Noel Welsh (noelwelsh at gmail.com)
Date: Tue May 4 15:42:45 EDT 2010

Thanks Jay. If you can recall those 2 things I can take a look at them
at some point.

Regarding the future of Scheme/Racunit:

- I definitely want a typed version. It appears this will have to be
maintained separately from the untyped version due to the restriction
on polymorphism. :(

- There was some discussion a while where Eli outlined a more
consistent testing framework. I'd like to implement that as the next
version of Racunit. SchemeUnit 3 was a big improvement over 2 for some
users but the model has become inconsistent in places.

- Random testing and property based testing are the two areas I'd like
to include support for. [Property based testing is a kinda meaningless
phrase but a combinator library ala contracts might evolve out of
this. Also randomtest.plt is a very nice starting place.]

N.

On Tue, May 4, 2010 at 5:33 AM, Jay McCarthy <jay.mccarthy at gmail.com> wrote:
> I just committed an untested version. I've typed everything the docs
> mention (not everything exported by the library) except for two things
> I don't understand. ...
>
> On Sun, May 2, 2010 at 11:34 AM, Sam Tobin-Hochstadt <samth at ccs.neu.edu> wrote:
>> On Sun, May 2, 2010 at 2:14 AM, keydana at gmx.de <keydana at gmx.de> wrote:
>>>
>>> Would anyone know if a typed version of schemeunit is under development (otherwise, I'd consider moving to test-engine for now)?
>>
>> It's under development in the sense that I'd like to implement it in
>> the future, but there's no definite schedule.  Patches are always
>> welcome.

Posted on the dev mailing list.