[plt-dev] syntax-case error messages

From: Matthias Felleisen (matthias at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Mon Mar 29 17:35:02 EDT 2010

Yeap, Lispers love that they can manipulate everything
and complain that everything manipulates them.

I think we should accept these kind of value-errors
when we are working on our own code. When we pull in
someone else's code and this happens, we should complain
until he adds contracts to the module.

The story for syntax looks analogous at first glance.
But we are missing syntax-contracts. So we write down
what we want the syntax extension to 'feel' like with
quasi grammars and whatever. We always do this, with
comments though. And therefore we should get errors
at the 'upper' level.

All in all, this is why I proposed the second half of
Ryan's dissertation as a thesis-level problem, and I
think we have mad progress.