[plt-dev] Associating metadata with modules

From: Carl Eastlund (cce at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Sun Mar 7 21:41:19 EST 2010

On Sun, Mar 7, 2010 at 9:34 PM, Jay McCarthy <jay.mccarthy at gmail.com> wrote:
> Since I've studied the zo format quite a bit recently, I can say that
> this structure:
>
> http://pre.plt-scheme.org/docs/html/mzc/decompile.html#(def._((lib._compiler/zo-parse..ss)._mod))
>
> accurately shows what is available in a module at the bytecode level.
>
> Internally, it is just a list. I'm not sure the best way to get
> information into there (ie what API do we want), but it would be easy
> to put into the structure.

Thanks, I'll take a look at that.

> Another way to do it is to have a provide at a strange phase (rather
> than taking a name from the global eval (phase 0) namespace.)

Where I really need it is phase 1, and unfortunately my ACL2
definitions already use phase 1 (for technical reasons, I mirror all
[function] definitions at phases 0 and 1).  I don't believe I can add
definitions inside a module for any phase other than 0 or 1.

--Carl

Posted on the dev mailing list.