[racket-dev] proposal: `data' collection

From: Matthias Felleisen (matthias at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Wed Jun 30 22:21:46 EDT 2010

Your mail raises two separate issues in my mind:

1. I am beginning to think that some of our collects need a PURPOSE.txt file. Specifically, all collects that don't have a primary owner should specify such a file. I requested this when you proposed unstable and introduced it, and I don't see, and I think it may help with discussions such as this one now.

The file should concisely describe what things should go into the collection and what quality standards it should satisfy.

2. I am also beginning to think that files in such collections should be peer-reviewed. Eli showed me some recent addition to unstable -- it doesn't matter which one -- and demoed some measurements to me. I must say, as much as I think Eli should NOT be a code janitor, this kind of code needs a second and possibly a third look.

Would you please consider this idea and propose an approach?