[racket-dev] proposal: `data' collection

From: Sam Tobin-Hochstadt (samth at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Wed Jun 30 18:51:35 EDT 2010

On Wed, Jun 23, 2010 at 2:29 PM, Sam Tobin-Hochstadt <samth at ccs.neu.edu> wrote:
> At the Northeastern PLT lunch today, I proposed adding a top-level
> `data' collection, for all manner of data structures.

Based on the discussion, here's the plan:

In the next few days:
1. I will create a `data' collection, with subcollections `data/dict',
`data/list', `data/set', `data/vector' re-exporting `racket/*'
2. I will change the Reference to refer to `data/*' instead of
`racket/*' for these collections.
  - This will not change the exports of any existing library.

In the slightly longer term:
3. I will propose moving some or all of the following collections from
`unstable/<n>' to `data/<n>':
   set, hash, dict, queue, list, skip-list, interval-map
  (in a separate email discussion)

After that:
4. We will discuss whether Typed Racket should be part of the "core",
and thus whether its data structures should go in `data'.
5. Whether we want any other data structures to be added/migrated.
--
sam th
samth at ccs.neu.edu

Posted on the dev mailing list.