[racket-dev] Fwd: [shootout-Feature Requests][312552] Scheme PLT should be renamed to Racket

From: Robby Findler (robby at eecs.northwestern.edu)
Date: Fri Jun 18 12:24:09 EDT 2010

On Fri, Jun 18, 2010 at 10:41 AM, Vincent St-Amour <stamourv at ccs.neu.edu> wrote:
> The slowdown observed on the shootout webpage, since it's based on
> mandelbrot-unsafe.rkt, could thus be caused by the upgrade to 5.0.

I'm not sure where to get the mandlebrot-unsafe.rkt that was
distributed with 4.2.5 (Eli?) but so far I'm not seeing any time
difference between running 4.2.5 on the one in the archive (after
changing the "racket"s back to "scheme"s) and v5.0.0.1 I'm also not
seeing any difference between v5.0.0.1 with the scheme version and the
racket version.

So there's still a mystery here to be solved somewhere! I'm running on
a mac, tho -- could it be a linux-specific issue?

Robby

Posted on the dev mailing list.