[racket-dev] P4P: A Syntax Proposal

From: Shriram Krishnamurthi (sk at cs.brown.edu)
Date: Thu Jul 29 11:51:30 EDT 2010

On Thu, Jul 29, 2010 at 9:12 AM, Michael Sperber
<sperber at deinprogramm.de> wrote:
> Well, except for a bunch of renamings (... in the direction of
> ... Common Lisp ...?), that doesn't really show yet.

I'm not going to repeat what I've already explained in detail in the
document.  (If the document isn't clear, I'd be happy to clarify, but
you don't seem to be asking questions based on the document at all.)

If I understand correctly, SRFI-49 essentially inserts parens
according to indentation.  Thus, if you changed indentation, you could
change the meaning of the program.

P4P *checks* indentation but does not let indentation define meaning.

Shriram

Posted on the dev mailing list.