[racket-dev] P4P: A Syntax Proposal

From: Neil Van Dyke (neil at neilvandyke.org)
Date: Wed Jul 28 16:44:51 EDT 2010

Jos Koot wrote at 07/28/2010 04:00 PM:
> With a good editor, like that of DrSceme, pardon me, RdRacket, I experience no difficulty at all with parentheses.

As I believe Shriram said, the problem is the *perceptions* of people
who think that parens are bad, not whether parens are actually bad.

For decades, Lisp people have been saying "Try parens!  You'll like 'em
once you try 'em!" but that argument has not been as persuasive as we
might've hoped in getting people to try.

Regarding P4P, I have no real opinion on whether offering people a
parens-free syntax is a good idea, so long as people who wish to use
parens are not somehow marginalized somewhere along the line.

--
http://www.neilvandyke.org/