[racket-dev] P4P: A Syntax Proposal

From: Jon Rafkind (rafkind at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Wed Jul 28 16:22:36 EDT 2010

  On 07/28/2010 02:19 PM, Shriram Krishnamurthi wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 28, 2010 at 2:31 PM, Jay McCarthy<jay.mccarthy at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> At first I thought, how is this different than Honu?
> I don't know anything about Honu.  As far as I can tell it's the great
> undead language of the Racket world.  If Honu's already solved the
> problem and is being actively used, great, I can stop!  I didn't know
> Honu enforced indentation -- when did it start doing so?

Honu doesn't enforce indentation. I think the main differences between
the honu syntax and P4P are infix notation and how macros work. I hope
to get Honu into a useable enough state before PLT day that people can
at least write simple programs, we'll see how it goes.

BTW, my personal opinion is its not parenthesis that make scheme hard,
its prefix operators. But I have no evidence to back that up with other
than my own experience.

Posted on the dev mailing list.