[racket-dev] internal-definition parsing

From: Matthias Felleisen (matthias at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Wed Jul 7 13:13:31 EDT 2010

1. My most important concern is that begin-with-definitions takes Nx times more time to expand than the current body expander. Are you going to use this macro or are you going to bake it all into the implementation?

2. My second one is one of internal interest. In principle all 'body' forms should be expanded in one single place and this should be a single point of change here. Is this correct?

3. Historically our original form borrowed from Algol. I don't think Chez had this liberal notion.

4. I am vaguely interested in #%body because I have a hunch that there are yet more possibilities. But at the same time, I understand your objection and I can only see a limited utility of #%body now. (That doesn't mean much, because I originally failed to appreciate #%module-begin.)

-- Matthias