[plt-dev] language dialog, some minor changes & bugfixes

From: Eli Barzilay (eli at barzilay.org)
Date: Fri Jan 29 16:56:32 EST 2010

I'm not sure what you need more.  What I'm suggesting is something
like this:

  (with-handlers ([exn? (lambda (_) "???")])
    (parameterize ([forbid-planet-activity ; throws an error if not installed
                    #t])
      (run-earlier-function)))

So the only extension that is needed, if there's nothing now, is some
parameter that tells planet to avoid any actual activity.  (This might
be as simple as setting up a guardian that forbids any network
activity.)