[plt-dev] language dialog, some minor changes & bugfixes

From: Robby Findler (robby at eecs.northwestern.edu)
Date: Fri Jan 29 16:28:30 EST 2010

On Fri, Jan 29, 2010 at 2:11 PM, Eli Barzilay <eli at barzilay.org> wrote:
> On Jan 29, Robby Findler wrote:
>> On Thu, Jan 28, 2010 at 11:32 PM, Eli Barzilay <eli at barzilay.org> wrote:
>> > But I think that "typically" should be removed.
>>
>> Gone.
>>
>> > * The "#lang" in "Typically, a #lang line ..." is biger than the
>> >  surrounding text.
>>
>> They are now the same point size, namely the point size of the
>> small-control-font.
>
> But now everything looks small like a comment, maybe have it all
> bigger, but uniformly so?

I picked the size of small-control-font because I wanted it to be the
size that is defined to be "slightly smaller than the font used in
most controls". Are you objecting to that characterization of the
size, or do you perhaps just need to set your mred preferences so that
size is meaningful for your setup?

>> > * I'd prefer it if there was some easy way to really dim the
>> > language list box.  Otherwise, it's bright enough that it's easy
>> >   to click somewhere without reading the text above it.
>>
>> I made the whole dialog now use the panel's background, instead of
>> having whiteness behind the language list.
>
> That looks very nice.  One more comment though:
>
> * When the module language radio is selected, the hierlist should have
>  no selection.

Yes, that was what I meant by the bug in my initial message and its
still not fixed.

> * Related, if you're in module, and you pop up the dialog and click
>  the radio button for "choose a language" and then OK, you still end
>  up with the module language.

Noted, thanks.

>> Also:
>>
>> - PR http://bugs.plt-scheme.org/query/?cmd=view&pr=10724 is now fixed.
>>
>> - The "Language: ..." line in the interactions window now says
>> something approximately correct. It should use the read-language
>> infrastructure to get the name of the language, but I don't see how to
>> do that. Any tips would be appreciated. Meanwhile, it just looks at
>> the first line of the window and drops "#lang" (if it appears).
>
> (I'll hack something quick in a second.)
>

>> - the pop down menu item below the interactions window now says
>> "Determine language from source" instead of "Module"
>
> [I can see why you thought that it should show few of the lasst
> successful `#lang' lines...  It doesn't go too well with the other
> choices in that menu.]

Yes, but the simple thing is much simpler. :)

Robby

Posted on the dev mailing list.