[plt-dev] language dialog, some minor changes & bugfixes

From: Eli Barzilay (eli at barzilay.org)
Date: Fri Jan 29 15:21:13 EST 2010

On Jan 29, Carl Eastlund wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 29, 2010 at 3:11 PM, Eli Barzilay <eli at barzilay.org> wrote:
> > On Jan 29, Robby Findler wrote:
> >> And finally, one question: for the "what do I do to get started" ie
> >> the "not really a language" language? It should probably change
> >> somehow or maybe just go away. Opinions? (This is the language that
> >> you get if you delete your prefs and start up drscheem; there isn't
> >> another simple way to get there).
> >
> > I vote for retiring it...
>
> Why?  Have our students suddenly achieved mastery over #lang?  That
> was the problem, right?

No, the problem that it addressed was in the days where the default
language was beginner.  The move was from that as the default, to "no
language" as the new default -- and the idea was that everyone should
choose the language.  `Module' is now easier to use since it has a
good default, so forcing people to view the language dialog no longer
serves any practical purpose.  IMO.