[plt-dev] language dialog

From: Grant Rettke (grettke at acm.org)
Date: Fri Jan 29 14:37:14 EST 2010

On Fri, Jan 29, 2010 at 1:34 PM, Eli Barzilay <eli at barzilay.org> wrote:
> On Jan 29, Grant Rettke wrote:
>>
>> It is the same issue though; they just wanted Scheme and got
>> confused because they thought they had to choose something though
>> isn't it?
>
> Yes.  An ideal solution will be to remove the choice, which is what
> happens if drscheme is always in the Module language.  But until
> that's feasible, making the dialog more explicit about using it is
> better than nothing.

Agreed. I feel like the message would be more clear if it said
something to the effect of:

"If you are here to code Scheme, then pick this one and you are done
(#lang scheme will show up at the top of every file, just leave it
there and everything will work fine. If you want to learn more about
this, then click <here>".

Posted on the dev mailing list.