[plt-dev] language dialog

From: Robby Findler (robby at eecs.northwestern.edu)
Date: Fri Jan 29 11:17:58 EST 2010

On Fri, Jan 29, 2010 at 10:06 AM, Eli Barzilay <eli at barzilay.org> wrote:
> On Jan 29, Robby Findler wrote:

>> > I'm not sure what "this" refers to,
>>
>> "this" refers to keyboard shortcuts for radio buttons. The thing
>> you're asking me to implement.
>
> I don't think that it's something that you need to implement since
> it's something in mred.  Perhaps you're missing some kind of property
> somewhere, but the functionality is in -- it does work on the radio
> button groups on the details panel.

Oh, I see what's wrong. These are not a single radio button, but two
separate ones. Probably something at the mred level has to be told to
merge them for the purposes of keybindings.

> And speaking about that, it seems that all radio buttons allow no
> selection at all, which is either a bug or something that leads to
> bugs when code doesn't expect it.  If I click the show details and
> then click the "print" output style, it gets unselected, and that
> leads to an internal drscheme error.

I'm not seeing this (on the mac) but I think that this is in Matthew's
baliwick. Perhaps posting the stacktrace would help.

>> I guess I can try doing something simple. How about making the down
>> arrow key move the focus back down into the hier-list, selecting the
>> first thing and making the up arrow key move the focus back down
>> into the hier-list, selecting the last thing. As far as getting
>> outside of the hier-list, up from the topmost entry could move the
>> radio button selection and down from the bottom-most could move the
>> radio button selection too.
>
> I don't think that this is right -- it makes it easy to choose a
> language in the list by mistake.  That probably goes back to the fact
> that the hierlist is always active, but it is better if it's disabled
> unless explicitly enabled by changing the radio button selection.

ok

Robby

Posted on the dev mailing list.