Very strange behavior? (was: Re: [plt-dev] Pre-Release Checklist for v4.2.4 -- third call)

From: Robby Findler (robby at eecs.northwestern.edu)
Date: Tue Jan 26 12:00:30 EST 2010

On Tue, Jan 26, 2010 at 10:54 AM, John Clements
<clements at brinckerhoff.org> wrote:

> On Jan 26, 2010, at 4:22 AM, Robby Findler wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Jan 26, 2010 at 12:45 AM, John Clements
>> <clements at brinckerhoff.org> wrote:

>>> In my copy of the SVN head, as well as in the release candidate, opening a new window puts the cursor in the interactions window.  If I then hit <Return>, the cursor moves down a line... and jumps about 30 characters to the right. Huh?
>>>
>>> I tried axing my prefs; same behavior.
>>>
>>> This sounds like a show-stopper, to me.
>>
>> It didn't stop the 4.2.3 show.
>
> And what a show that was! I laughed, I cried, it was better than "Cats".
>
> If it's not a big deal, then it's not a big deal. I found it distressing, but I'll defer to you.

You apparently didn't find it distressing over the last two months,
only today found it distressing.

I agree it should be fixed, but since you're the first to report it
and it was in 4.2.2, and in 4.2.3, then I think it should not stop the
release.

I'll try to look into it today to see if there is an easy fix.

Robby

Posted on the dev mailing list.