[plt-dev] (fail) Re: Pre-Release Checklist for v4.2.4

From: Eli Barzilay (eli at barzilay.org)
Date: Sat Jan 23 21:50:20 EST 2010

On Jan 23, John Clements wrote:
> On Jan 23, 2010, at 12:30 PM, Robby Findler wrote:
>
> > John, if you have basic stepper tests that can run automatically,
> > drdr and/or the nightly build can run them for you. drdr works
> > with gui test suites, and I've been able to automate some testing
> > of drscheme (altho I see now that there are problems...) which
> > might be useful to you for getting started:
> >
> > http://drdr.plt-scheme.org/17775/collects/tests/drscheme/randomly-click-language-dialog.ss
> >
> > The above transcript even looks like it found a bug!
>
> Nice!
>
> Re: nightly testing: this isn't an insurmountable problem, but the
> last time I spent a few hours on this I was unable to understand why
> mz and dr evaluated my modules differently.  The difference surely
> had to do with namespace-fu, but it wasn't clear to me how to fix
> it.  Yes, I should revisit this.

FWIW, the nightly build has been able to run mred-based tests for a
long time now.  But I'm now thinking of removing the whole thing,
since it's testing it only on the main build machine (winooski), so
it doesn't have any advantage over the drdr run (which might be
running the same code -- I sent it to Jay a few weeks ago).