[plt-dev] Renaming Module to "Module (default)"

From: Noel Welsh (noelwelsh at gmail.com)
Date: Thu Jan 21 04:21:04 EST 2010

The problem is not with the user but the design of the dialogue.
People using PLT Scheme do not want to program in the "Module"
language or the "Module (default)" language. They are using Scheme.
They want to program in the "Scheme" language. So call it Scheme,
because that is what it is.

My suggested design for the dialogue box:

On the left, a list of language. On the right a *useful* description
of the language and a button labelled "Show more options". Clicking
"Show more options" displays previously hidden controls such as
already exist. A useful description of a language is something like:

"This is the full PLT Scheme language. Use this if you are doing
general purpose programming."

"This is a restricted version of the Scheme language. Use this if you
are working through How to Design Programs"

Note that a description like "The scheme language consists of
scheme./base, scheme/match, and scheme/file" is NOT useful.

N.