planet proxy/mirror ==> Re: [plt-dev] Fwd: [plt-scheme] Download links in PLaneT

From: Robby Findler (robby at eecs.northwestern.edu)
Date: Tue Jan 19 20:01:40 EST 2010

I'm not sure I'm quite getting what you want, but is using 'planet
url' (via the planet commadline tool) sufficient?

The .plt files are all there, but they aren't in a place that is
served by the web server. I looked quickly into changing that; it
isn't trivial, but it is certainly doable if 'planet url' isn't
sufficient.

Robby

On Tue, Jan 19, 2010 at 1:08 PM, YC <yinso.chen at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 12, 2010 at 11:52 AM, Robby Findler
> <robby at eecs.northwestern.edu> wrote:
>>
>> > 3 - the package-source url
>> > (http://planet.plt-scheme.org/package-source/)
>> > used to be visible with package directories but now it is forbidden.
>> > This
>> > page provides a point for a crawler to mirror the packages.  Can we make
>> > it
>> > (and the children path) visible again?
>>
>> I think I've fixed that, thanks.
>
> Okay - now that I have sometime playing with it, it appears that the current
> package-source is insufficient for mirroring purposes.
>
> While I now can crawl the repository, I then would have to pass the right
> "lang" version in order to download the package via the planet API - this
> would require guessing, or iterate through all lang versions across all
> paths, which is obviously inefficient.
>
> Is there a possibility that the underlying package can be exposed via some
> url so they can be mirrored without using the lang value?
>
> I am assuming the packages are held somewhere on the hard drive that are
> closely related to the package-source directory, so I am assuming exposing
> the link is a minimal work.  If this assumption is not true, let me know,
> and I will implement the brute force approach until planet can be adjusted
> for lang-less download.
>
> Thanks,
> yc

Posted on the dev mailing list.