[plt-dev] MzScheme port on Windows x86_64: a report.

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Tue Jan 12 08:51:38 EST 2010

At Tue, 12 Jan 2010 11:50:00 +0100, Gabriel Cuvillier wrote:
> Section(modprot)
> ERROR: UNKNOWN::291: read (compiled): ill-formed code
> [..\..\mzscheme\src\read.c:5522]
>
> => This is good, but something seems to be problematic with reading
> compiled code. Is it because the JIT is deactivated?

No, it's not related to the JIT.

The runtime system is trying to use a syntax object or function that
has not been unmarshaled from ".zo" format. An internal pointer that
should hold the ".zo" data is NULL, though (which usually means that
everything has been unmarshaled already).

I don't have any guesses for how the runtime system got into that
state, but you might try supplying the `--no-delay' command-line flag
to `mzscheme' to see how that changes the result.

Posted on the dev mailing list.