[plt-dev] Re: [plt-edu] htdp/world

From: Todd O'Bryan (toddobryan at gmail.com)
Date: Fri Jan 8 14:21:03 EST 2010

For the sake of poor public school teachers who may only teach one
class of programming and have a panic attack when they discover that
the assignment that they spent several hours on just doesn't work
anymore the night before they plan to use it (or, in my case, the day
they give it to their classes)...

Please come up with a porting guide from world to universe and post it
somewhere obvious in the docs! I'm afraid our willingness to break
backwards compatibility causes teachers who have the least amount of
time to stay up to date to abandon the curriculum, not because they
want to, but because they get frustrated at having to re-do the same
assignment multiple times to keep up with the moving target. This is
especially hard for people who don't, as a rule, run the nightly
builds and can't see the changes coming.

Todd