[plt-dev] scheme/set

From: Ryan Culpepper (ryanc at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Tue Feb 23 15:33:26 EST 2010

On Feb 23, 2010, at 3:20 PM, Matthew Flatt wrote:

> At Tue, 23 Feb 2010 14:09:02 -0500, Carl Eastlund wrote:
>> Just like we don't call make-hash "make-dict", because there are many
>> kinds of dicts,
>
> Does anyone use dictionaries other than hash tables? So far,
> `scheme/dict' doesn't seem to be worth even the day or two I spent on
> it.

I love scheme/dict. I've implemented several instances, including id-
tables (mutable and immutable), skip-lists, and gvectors, and I use
all of them in my code. I admit that I mostly use the instance's
procedures instead of the generics in checked-in code, but I'm more
likely to use generics at the repl. Also, 'in-dict' is really useful.

Ryan

Posted on the dev mailing list.