[plt-dev] Re: `rico' and ".rkt"

From: Jos Koot (jos.koot at telefonica.net)
Date: Tue Feb 16 17:51:17 EST 2010

As adjective the Castilian (Spanish) word 'rico' also means rich, handsome,
fruitful (of soil), precious, delicious/nutritious (of food). As substantive
it also means darling or the substantive related to the adjective such as
rich person, etc. That's what my dictionary says and more importantly the
senses in which I hear the word being used in Catalunya (when Catalan people
take the trouble to speak Castiliano) The word also belongs to the Catalan
language, I guess, but I know little of the Catalan language. Well, yourself
being Spanish, you probably can add even more senses. I is not my intention
to teach you Spanish :) Most senses have a positive sound, an exception
being in the combination 'rico nuevo', I think. If or when the name 'rico'
will be used as the (or a) new name, I hope it will not be connected with
the fact that it is a new name in the PLT world.
See you 24th at flibug in Barcelona. Jos