[plt-dev] `rico' and ".rkt"

From: Carl Eastlund (carl.eastlund at gmail.com)
Date: Tue Feb 16 13:34:07 EST 2010

On Tue, Feb 16, 2010 at 11:53 AM, Robby Findler
<robby at eecs.northwestern.edu> wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 16, 2010 at 10:16 AM, Eli Barzilay <eli at barzilay.org> wrote:
>> * One slight problem I have with ".rkt" is the forced left-right
>>  keyboard travels.  I won't mind much switching to ".rs" for that.
>>  (I know that there's no need to keep the "source" word, but the
>>  convenience is tempting.)  Or ".rk" or ".ra".  (".rt" reads to me
>>  like "runtime".)
>
> FWIW, rkt is much faster to type (for me) than something like scrbl
> because it alternates hands (on qwerty, anyways, don't know about
> others). The "cr" in scrbl is the truly painful part, tho.

How much are we designing the name change to service the typing speed
of us few hardcore PLT hackers, and how much are we designing it to
make our system more accessible and comprehensible to outsiders?  If
we're aiming for the former, why can't we keep ".ss"?

--Carl

Posted on the dev mailing list.