[plt-dev] `rico' and ".rkt"

From: Eli Barzilay (eli at barzilay.org)
Date: Tue Feb 16 11:19:25 EST 2010

On Feb 15, Chongkai Zhu wrote:
> Carl Eastlund wrote:
> > On Mon, Feb 15, 2010 at 4:20 PM, Chongkai Zhu <czhu at cs.utah.edu> wrote:
> >
> >> Whatever file attach we will use, I just want to remove the
> >> ".scrbl" extension and make all scribble file have the same
> >> extension as other files.  The idea is to use the first #lang
> >> line to decide what "module" language it is, right?
> >
> > Right now, setup-plt treats Scribble files specially; for
> > instance, it does not run them when given the -D option.  I'm not
> > sure we have a method yet for doing that based on #lang.
>
> Think it this way: we expect more language levels to be developed
> inside PLT Scheme/Racket in the future (let along existing ones),
> and quite some of them will need special treatment with various
> tools. So we will need a method of doing "that" based on #lang
> anyway, right?

FWIW, this makes sense to me, with some command like `rico getlang' or
something that spits out the language specification part.  But there's
still work to get there.  But there is also the point of external
tools that don't cooperate with such a way to distinguish the file
contents (like emacs, or various syntax highlighters, or web servers).