[plt-dev] Racket

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Sun Feb 14 11:18:05 EST 2010

We don't want to make much noise with this announcement --- not yet,
at least.

The core developers of PLT Scheme have agreed to change the name of
the language. See

   http://www.plt-racket.org/new-name.html

You will soon see a new branch in the SVN repository and other activity
for the name change. We expect the new name to take effect in the May
release (earlier in the SVN trunk). So, now is the time to start
discussing and thinking about what the name change will mean for your
software and libraries.

It's not yet time to write blog posts or advertise the name change to
the world at large. Although the change is no secret, a new name offers
a rare advertising opportunity, and we'd like to make as big a splash
as possible with the eventual release of Racket.

Posted on the dev mailing list.