[plt-dev] i hate the new language dialog

From: Robby Findler (robby at eecs.northwestern.edu)
Date: Mon Feb 1 11:25:00 EST 2010

On Mon, Feb 1, 2010 at 10:15 AM, Matthias Felleisen
<matthias at ccs.neu.edu> wrote:
> Complaint 1: the dialogue looks ugly on my desktop machine (build today @
> 8:30am). Screen shot attached. See the cut-off, unreadable text below the
> first radio button.

I'll try to tweak that, but it is tricky to get this right in the
general case, because I cannot predict how many lines are the right
number for different font sizes. (It shouldn't be too hard to get the
common cases right, tho (ie, English under mac, linux, and windows).)

> Complaint 2: in the previous dialog, I could easily navigate between 'real'
> languages (#lang xxyz) and teaching languages via mouse keys, not taking my
> hands off the keyboard. This is no longer possible.

There is some feature in the OS that lets you move around between
radio buttons with the keyboard. Matthew uses it under mac os x, so
maybe he can tell you more.

Robby

Posted on the dev mailing list.