[racket-dev] Hacking on the collects

From: Jakub Piotr Cłapa (jpc-ml at zenburn.net)
Date: Tue Dec 7 00:08:06 EST 2010

On 06.12.10 18:16, Jay McCarthy wrote:
> I develop in the same git clone that I use. If I change collect X, I
> test after running "raco setup X" and once I'm satisfied. I run "raco
> setup" to see if other things were affected. I then run tests on things
> other than X that I know depend on it. Then I push.

Does that require symlinking the collects from the git repo to the
installation folder or it just means that you do not run make install at
all?

> If you do a pull request on github, it will not be useful because github
> is a mirror and I'll just need to get the patch some other way anyways.
> I'd rather you sent the patch directly to me. [Because the websockets
> stuff is code I maintain.]

Ok. I already did the pull request [1] but I have no problem with
sending a patch.
Btw. I guess that to make a good patch I should try to update the
documentation as well?

[1]: https://github.com/plt/racket/pull/3

Direct link to the diff:
https://github.com/jpc/racket/commit/45441054bc0dbd8ad6fc05f2ae2eb135830a9b02