[racket-dev] [racket] Exploratory programming?

From: engineer at alum.mit.edu (engineer at alum.mit.edu)
Date: Wed Dec 1 17:51:20 EST 2010

1.  I've been meaning for a long time to mention some things like this.
Another example is "modulus" (modulo and remainder work).  It'd be nice to
have a list of suggestions returned whenever certain words were typed or
whenever no results are returned.

2.  Search Manuals breaks the browser's Back button.  Here's a simple
example.
a. Open http://docs.racket-lang.org/
b. Type "modulus" in the "search manuals" box and hit Enter
c. No matches found, so change the highlighted text to "modulo"
d. Click on one of the results
e. Click the browser's back button
f. I'm not "back" at the list of results

I have been very impressed with the level of documentation, but I (and my
students) have often found frustration in searching.

Constructively,
Paul

Btw, I know of no easy search in other languages (Java) other than Google.