[racket-dev] hashes in ASL

From: Shriram Krishnamurthi (sk at cs.brown.edu)
Date: Wed Aug 25 21:19:33 EDT 2010

Catching up ...

> What documentation are you looking at?
>
> http://docs.racket-lang.org/htdp-langs/advanced-prim-ops.html#(part._(lib._htdp-advanced..ss._lang)._.Hash_.Tables)

If I type "hash" in the Help Desk, I get

  hash  provided from racket/base, racket

but not from ASL, in contrast to, say, "list", which gives

  list  provided from racket/base, racket
  list  provided from r5rs
  list  provided from rnrs/base-6
  list  provided from lang/htdp-advanced

and much more.

So that's the sense in which it (and other hash functions) are missing
from the docs.  [Were, I haven't tried your latest push.]

> As far as the immutable functions, when I sent you the list of the
> functions I intended to add, those were not on it. They were
> intentionally left out to make the addition smaller and simpler.

Yeah, but that just misses too many use cases.  Since the language is
already mutative, I see nothing gained.

Thanks for the new push.

Shriram

Posted on the dev mailing list.