[racket-dev] [racket] Long compilation+launch times

From: Eli Barzilay (eli at barzilay.org)
Date: Tue Aug 24 11:38:04 EDT 2010

On Aug 24, Jay McCarthy wrote:
> Would it make sense to detect when you CAN write into the main
> collects to make this feature more useful for working on the core?

That was basically the suggestion I made: that DrRacket will try to
write a temp file to a directory to determine if it's writeable,
regardless of where the directory is.

Robby hesitates with doing that, and said that he prefers to do it
only if there's a concrete need.

I hesitate with wanting such behavior in the main collects tree, since
doing automagical compilations there seems like dangerous.