[racket-dev] Need a little git help

From: Jens Axel Søgaard (jensaxel at soegaard.net)
Date: Thu Aug 5 12:42:58 EDT 2010

Hi All,

I have implemented a few triangle functions for the 2htdp teachpack
and want to push the changes.

I get the following:

80:plt soegaard$ /usr/local/git/bin/git push origin master
To pltgit:plt
 ! [rejected]        master -> master (non-fast-forward)
error: failed to push some refs to 'pltgit:plt'
To prevent you from losing history, non-fast-forward updates were rejected
Merge the remote changes before pushing again.  See the 'Note about
fast-forwards' section of 'git push --help' for details.

It says I should merge, so I try this:

80:plt soegaard$ /usr/local/git/bin/git merge origin
error: Your local changes to 'collects/teachpack/triangle-xxx.png'
would be overwritten by merge.  Aborting.
Please, commit your changes or stash them before you can merge.

The file triangle-xxx.png is one that I added locally.

What shall I do to merge and/or push?

--
Jens Axel Søgaard