[plt-dev] Re: [PRL] Programming Languages in the Code of Federal Regulations

From: Andrew Reilly (areilly at bigpond.net.au)
Date: Tue Apr 27 08:21:55 EDT 2010

On Tue, 27 Apr 2010 13:47:56 +0200
Michael Sperber <sperber at deinprogramm.de> wrote:

> No, it isn't.  You may want to re-read what I wrote.

Do you have another explanation for those recent developments in
the world of floating point arithmetic?

I accept that I might have mis-interpreted your post.  As I said,
I think that side is wrong, and I don't care to argue the point.
Just thought that ".. everyone .. has long accepted binary
floating point as .. adequate for doing financial
calculations..." needed a counterpoint.  Personally I'm happy
with binary, and I've argued the point with Mike Cowlishaw, and
am prepared to concede that I don't care.

Cheers,

--
Andrew