[plt-dev] naming poll

From: Carl Eastlund (cce at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Fri Apr 23 12:37:35 EDT 2010

On Fri, Apr 23, 2010 at 12:19 PM, Matthew Flatt <mflatt at cs.utah.edu> wrote:
> ("racket racket-tool"
>  "racket raco")
>
> I know that "raco" wasn't on the list, and it loses the RICO joke. But
> it's short, easy to pronounce, shares the first three letters with
> "Racket", and is easy to explain as "RAcket COmmand".

If we're taking write-ins, I would suggest "racket teer", "racket
racketeer", and "racket plt".  But I never know if we're still
brainstorming, done with that but still deciding, or firmly decided
and leaving the issue closed.  I think it would be more productive to
pick either end of that spectrum, and go through the "deciding"
process exactly once.  If it already happened, let's take what's in
git for better or for worse and move on.  If it hasn't happened, let's
just leave the floor open to suggestions until the release process is
upon us and weigh the options then.

--Carl

Posted on the dev mailing list.