[plt-dev] Racket-tool bugs me; are we up for another poll?

From: Jon Rafkind (rafkind at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Thu Apr 22 15:53:50 EDT 2010

On 04/22/2010 10:50 AM, Jay McCarthy wrote:
> I made my short suggestions after looking at ubuntu's packages to see
> if there was a conflict.
>
> I'd like both to be less than 4 chars.

:(, I thought your suggestions weren't serious. I am sympathetic to
users who want short command names but I would rather the default
package come with a long obtuse name and allow users to alias/symlink
their own preferred name rather than vice-versa.

My reasoning is that users who will never use the `rico' tool will not
take the take time to alias it to something better, whereas people who
do care will alias it to something reasonable.

Posted on the dev mailing list.