[plt-dev] Re: renaming programs in the distribution

From: Matthias Felleisen (matthias at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Wed Apr 21 10:15:54 EDT 2010

On Apr 21, 2010, at 10:10 AM, Robby Findler wrote:

> The various GUI tools that we have are generally found in drscheme's
> UI (check syntax etc) or as libraries in a program run in drs
> (slideshow).

I am imagining tools that are independent from drscheme for a moment.
Consider sirmail and just imagine for a moment that it was the best
email client ever. What I'd like then is (min) a gui 'thing' that
offers three buttons:

   +----------+-------+---------+
   | drscheme | games | sirmail |

I would personally plug in my scripts for maintaining my accounts,
my stocks, etc.

> This seems better to me that trying to automatically make some kind of
> a GUI menu system out of a list of commandline executables.

I do NOT think that this gui tool should support all command-line
options (commands).

-- Matthias

Posted on the dev mailing list.