[plt-dev] renaming programs in the distribution

From: Jay McCarthy (jay.mccarthy at gmail.com)
Date: Tue Apr 20 09:12:23 EDT 2010

We've been talking on IRC about this.

I actually think that we don't need a command line tool for the Web server.

One of the major thing I've tried to do since I've maintained the Web
server is to make it more configurable and in particular make the
configuration happen in the language (in good PLT style.)

The command line tool is in opposition to that goal, so it's been left
in stasis since I've worked on more configuration.

It has gotten to the point where the command line tool is basically
useless and I don't think many users actually use it.

As far as "name" goes, I like the idea of the Web server being known
as "the Web server that is part of Racket" or "Racket Web Server" is
papers OR "the Web server made by those PLT guys" or "PLT Web Server"
(still) rather than something "cool." I've tried to uniformly write
"PLT Web Server" in papers/etc rather than "PLT Scheme Web Server" to
encourage the second interpretation.

Jay